Classic Chicken Salad with Croutons and Parmesan
To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man.
This product is out of stock.
Product is not available in this quantity.
Free shipping on orders over $299USD
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 head of cabbage cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 15- ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 ounce of fresh mint leaves torn
- 1 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Chili powder or paprika or chili flakes optional, to taste
- Salt and pepper
Prepare the chickpeas:
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and season with salt and pepper. Add chili powder or paprika, if you like, and toss to coat. Cook for 5 minutes. Arrange the chickpeas into an even layer and transfer to the oven for 15–20 minutes until some of the chickpeas begin to pop and they crisp up.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of the chopped parsley and toss to coat.
- Divide the dressed cabbage between bowls and spoon the crispy chickpeas on top. Serve with a bit more paprika or chili flakes on top, if you like. Enjoy!